CLASSIC GIN & TONIC
This classic expression of a G&T is a remarkably refreshing and soothing hi-ball style cocktail combining: your choice of Gin or Top Hat Alcohol-Free Gin Alternative, your choice of Top Classic Tonic Syrup or Top Hat East India Tonic Syrup, Fresh Citrus & Dried Botanicals
|SINGLE||INGREDIENT||5 GAL KEG FORMULA|
|1.5 OZ||GIN (or Top Hat Alcohol-Free Gin Alternative)||5 LITERS|
TOP HAT CLASSIC TONIC SYRUP OR TOP HAT EAST INDIA TONIC SYRUP
|*BATCH ONLY||WATER (TO BE CARBONATED)||10 QTS|
|GARNISH||FRESH CITRUS & DRIED BOTANICALS||GARNISH|
5 GALLON KEG CARBONATING INSTRUCTIONS USING A CHARGING STONE CARBONATING LID (100% CO2 ONLY FOR CARBONATED COCKTAILS)
- Once the keg is batched accurately, insert the special charging stone cornelius keg lid sideways at a 45 degree angle and spin the lid to line up the seal exactly and carefully with the rim of the keg and clamp the lid on firmly
- Shake vigorously and carefully side to side or roll on the ground on clean plastic sheeting for 2 full minutes to properly mix all ingredients.
- Make sure the CO2 gas source line for this cocktail line is set to 20-25psi on the regulator gauge.
- Connect the properly cleaned gray/silver colored cornelius connector onto the plug on the center of the charging stone lid by pulling back on the outer ring of the gray/silver "gas in" connector and pushing it down over the plug firmly. Release the outer ring on the connector and it will clip onto the keg lid plug in the center of the lid.
- Make sure the gas is on, and flowing.
- Pull up on the pressure release ring on the top of the charging stone lid quickly about 30 times and quickly release to properly cycle gas into the keg of batched cocktail.
- Now rest the keg in the refrigerator for 24 hours to get it completely cold
- Pull up on the pressure release ring on the top of the charging stone lid again quickly about 30 times and quickly release to properly cycle gas into the keg again now that it is cold.
- Test the flow and adjust the gas pressure down to 15psi if the flow is too fast or the cocktail is foamy
- Keep the pressure at 20-25psi if possible without making the liquid foamy to keep the carbonation level in the liquid healthy
5 GALLON KEG CHARGING INSTRUCTIONS USING A COMMERCIAL FORCE CARBONATOR (MUST USE 100% CO2 TO CHARGE AND PUSH CARBONATED COCKTAILS)
- Keg Carbonating Instructions for High-Pressure Commercial Charging Station
- PLEASE DO NOT ATTEMPT TO USE A COMMERCIAL HIGH-PRESSURE FORCE CARBONATION CHARGING STATION UNLESS YOU ARE A TRAINED PROFESSIONAL. FORCE CARBONATE AT YOUR OWN RISK & DO NOT CHARGE OVER 60 PSI!
- Once the keg is batched accurately, insert the standard keg lid sideways at a 45 degree angle and spin the lid to line up the seal exactly and carefully with the rim of the keg and clamp the lid closed firmly.
- IMPORTANT!!! DO NOT FORCE CARBONATE THROUGH A CHARGING LID WITH A CARBONATION STONE with a high pressure commercial charging station at 60psi. The entire keg will turn into foam. Commercial charging stations us a black "out" connector that does not fit on the center plug of a carbonating stone charging lid for a reason, so DO NOT FORCE THE BLACK PLUG ONTO A CHARGING STONE LID.
- Make sure the commercial high-pressure charging station CO2 gauge is set to 60psi
- Make sure the lid is secured and closed properly and MAKE SURE THE PRESSURE RELEASE VALVE PULL RING IS SEATED
- Connect the properly cleaned black colored cornelius connector from the commercial high-pressure charging station onto the "OUT" plug on the keg. DO NOT FORCE PLUG THE BLACK "OUT" PLUG ONTO THE CENTER OF A CHARGING LID. ONLY PLUG THIS BLACK PLUG ONTO THE "OUT" PLUG ON THE KEG
- Make sure the gas on the commercial high-pressure charging station is ON and flowing into the keg
- Pull up on the pressure release valve on the center of the standard keg lid 20-40 times quickly for 1 second each time and release quickly each time. The more you do this, the more carbonation will enter the keg
- For more carbonation, set the keg on it's side on a clean sanitary paper or plastic sheeting on the floor while still plugged into the high-pressure commercial charging station
- Roll the keg gently on the plastic sheeting for 2-3 minutes with your foot while still charging
- Pull the keg upright and disconnect from the high-pressure commecial charging station
- Make sure the standard full time 100% CO2 gas line source for this line on your draft system is set to 12-15psi. THIS IS A SEPARATE GAS SOURCE FROM YOUR HIGH PRESSURE CHARGING STATION. DO NOT PUSH THE FLUID 24/7 WITH YOUR HIGH-PRESSURE CHARGING STATION
- Plug the gray/silver gas connector on the 12-15psi gas line source for this keg into the proper "IN" connector on the keg. DO NOT FORCE THE GRAY/SILVER CONNECTOR ONTO THE "OUT" PLUG ON THE KEG BY MISTAKE
- Pull up on the pressure release valve ring on the center of the standard keg lid 5 times quickly to equalize the pressure in the keg down from the 60psi high-pressure charging station pressure
- If you have a charging lid with a carbonating stone instead of a standard keg lid here, you can run the 12-15psi gas line source through the center plug on this lid 24/7 to keep the keg fizzier, but DO NOT FORCE CARBONATE WITH A HIGH-PRESSURE CHARGING STATION THROUGH A CHARGING STONE LID
- Test the flow of the cocktail and make small pressure adjustments on the co2 pressure gauge to optimize the flow to the right speed for comfortable and efficient service and reduced waste and reduced foaming
- PLEASE DO NOT ATTEMPT TO USE A COMMERCIAL HIGH-PRESSURE FORCE CARBONATION CHARGING STATION UNLESS YOU ARE A TRAINED PROFESSIONAL.