Our handcrafted single Whiskey Sour is fun and amazing AND our batched version of this is one of the most popular whiskey cocktails to put on a draft cocktail menu. This godfather of citrus cocktails is a perfect balance of great Whiskey (or Top Hat Alcohol-Free Whiskey), pressed lemon, cane sugar & just the right dashing of Fee Bros. Barrel Aged Bitters or any Aromatic Bitters as a garnish!
|SINGLE||INGREDIENT||5 GAL KEG FORMULA|
|2 OZ||WHISKEY (or Top Hat Alcohol Free Whiskey)||6 LITERS|
|1.5 OZ||TOP HAT LEMONADE CONCENTRATE & SOUR BATCHING MIX||4 QT BTLS|
|¼ oz||FRESH LEMON JUICE (OPTIONAL)||32 OZ|
MS BETTERS BITTERS MIRACULOUS FOAMER
|Shake hard for 10 full sec for dilution||WATER||9-10 QTS|
|-||100% NO2 OR GUINESS GAS||GAS TYPE|
|GARNISH||CITRUS PEEL, BRANDIED CHERRY & FEE BROS ALCOHOL-FREE BARREL AGED BITTERS||GARNISH|
5 GALLON KEG CONNECTION INSTRUCTIONS (NO2 OR GUINESS GAS ARE BOTH FINE FOR THIS)
Once the keg is batched accurately, insert the lid sideways at a 45 degree angle and spin the lid to line up the seal exactly and carefully with the rim of the keg and clamp the lid closed firmly.
- Shake the keg side to side mixing the settled ingredients from the bottom up over the top by tipping the keg side to side horizontally for 2 minutes.
- Connect the properly cleaned gray/silver colored cornelius connector onto the plug on the keg marked "gas in" connector and pushing it down over the plug firmly. Release the outer ring on the connector and it will clip onto the keg lid plug in the center of the lid.
- Make sure the gas is on, and flowing.
- Pull up on the pressure release ring on the top of the charging stone lid quickly 3 times and quickly release to properly cycle gas into the keg of batched cocktail.
- Test the flow and adjust the gas pressure down to 12-15psi if the flow is too fast.
- RESHAKE once or twice daily: shake the keg thoroughly from side to side lifting the bottom over the top for 1 full minute at least once per day to ensure proper mixing of all ingredients